Sweet potato brownie
They may look uninteresting, but sweet potatoes have long been valued for their nutritional and medicinal properties. They help combat free radicals in the body, benefit skin health and support the immune system. High levels of beta-carotene, vitamin C and potassium regulates heart rate and helps protects against the effects of stress. Plus due to their slow-release carbohydrates content, they can also aid with maintaining blood sugar levels. So many reasons to incorporate sweet potatoes in our diet - not only in savoury dishes or salads but in the desserts as well :-)
1/3 cup of honey
1 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes (baked, peeled & mashed)
50g coconut oil
75g dark chocolate ( 70% - 80%)
100g ground almonds
2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon baking soda (aluminium free)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Whisk eggs together add honey then sweetpotatoes and keep mixing until well incorporated.
3. Melt coconut oil and dark chocolate in the water bath and add slowly to the egg mixture, keep stirring.
4.Combine dry ingredients add them to wet ingredients and mix well.
5. Poor in to the baking dish, decorate with pecans and bake for 50 min.
* Let it cool down and enjoy *
TIP: buy small sweet potatoes and bake double portion (20min in 180 C), mash and freeze half of them so next time you will make this cake even quicker :-)