Mixed Seeds Granola Bars
Every so often my children’s school have little get together for fundraising and everyone is asked to bring a little something. As much as I love the odd queen cake, I try to stay true to my cause and practice healthy eating. So I throw together these delicious Mixed Seeds and Granola Bars. If I make them for home use I usually add nuts but most schools are nut free zones these days so better to leave them out. I have also added a handful of dark chocolate chips and drizzled them with a little dark chocolate, after all it is a school funday. So here’s the recipe, feel free to add your own personal favourites.
• 180g oats, dry
• 125g flour, whole wheat
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 170g honey
• 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
• 60g mixed seeds (nuts optional)
• 100g desiccated coconut
• Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
2. Line a large flat baking pan with baking parchment. Then start spreading and pressing the mixture evenly over the baking pan so that it is roughly 2cm thick.
3. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until edges are browned. Take out and let cool entirely.
4. Cut into strips and store in snack size bags.
Optional: Drizzle melted chocolate over the top.