5 Salad Dressing Ideas
Italian style dressing
I love this dressing with pretty much everything.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp mixed dried herbs
- ½ garlic clove crushed
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
Use a mortar to work dried herbs and garlic together with just a little oil. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and let it sit while you prepare the salad. Add freshly chopped parsley at the end.
Garlic yogurt dressing (dairy free)
It is a wonderfully dairy free version of your typical Caesar salad dressing.
- 2 dessert spoons of soy yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Mix all ingredients, and let it sit for best results.
Fabulous with simple chicken dishes. .
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and grated ( or ½ tsp dried ginger powder)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander green
- 1 tsp organic honey
Cabbage and Apple Slaw with Walnut-Flax Dressing
This keeps nicely in the fridge for a few days.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil - 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 1/2 head red cabbage, grated or thinly sliced
- 1 apple, diced small
- 2 celery stalks, diced small
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small dish. Mix the slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Toss in the dressing and let sit for 10 minutes to allow the flavours to develop. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Beetroot – sesame seed salad (cold or warm)
Serve it with chickpea curry, grilled spicy tofu, chicken, fish, or any dish really.
- 4 fresh organic beetroots grated on the larger holed grater
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- Little organic cold pressed sesame oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp sesame oil
Slightly roast sesame seeds in a frying pan for 1-2 minutes until slightly coloured,. Add it to the beetroot with the oil and lemon juice and mix them well together. Add 2 tsp of organic cold pressed sesame oil at the end